The challenge over at Serendipity Stamps this week is to make a WHITE Valentine card with dry embossing! A tall order! The only color you can use is ON the image. It made me get out my embossing folders and some interesting dies.
When I do a white card I like to do textures and layers to make it interesting. I embossed a square of white cardstock with a Sizzix Herringbone embossing folder and put it behind a piece cut with the Cheery Lynn Square Lace Frame die. I tried a few embossing folders before deciding on this one. It was tricky to get the right pattern to show up well behind the intricate lace die.
I layered my image over it and added a few layers behind it and added ribbon before attaching it to my card. After stamping the wreath a second time I colored just a few of the roses, cut them out and popped them over the image. Finished size is 5 x 5.
Check out what the rest of the design team made:
- Stamps: Serendipity Stamps - Heart with Bow 422G
- Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
- Paper - Neenah Solar White 80 lb for layers and 110 lb for the card base
- Copics: Y32, E33, R81, R83, R85, YG63, YG67
- Dies: Cheery Lynn Designs - Square Lace Frame, Spellbinders - Labels 15
- Other: SU! Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Sizzix Herringbone embossing folder, Perfect Layers, rhinstones, foam tape