Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Cottage Cutz Holiday Owls Tutorial


Today I'm going to show you how I put together a cute 
Cottage Cutz die called Holiday Owls.


There are lots of pieces to this die so I just die cut it once
with white cardstock. 


 After I passed it through my Vagabond I put 
2 all-over-sticky Post-It notes on it to hold the pieces in place.


Here I turned it over and made sure all the pieces were in place.


Next I colored it with my Copic markers.  Another option is to die
cut sections of it with different colored card stock instead of coloring it.


Here I started gluing the owl pieces together and placing
them with repositionable adhesive on my die cut square.
TIP: glue the feet to the branch and not the owls.
They are too small to glue to the owls.


Here are 2 finished pieces.  For the eyes I used several things.
Black nailheads for the largest owl, Black Glaze pen and 2mm
pearls for the smaller owls. Other enhancements are a clear
glaze pen for the berries and beaks and Nuvo White Blizzard
for glitter on the holly leaves, stocking tops and hat fuzzy areas.


Inside I finished up the card with Impression Obsession's 
Merry Christmas stamp.

Hope you enjoyed this and have a great week!


5 comments:

newbie85 said...

What a CUTE card!!! Thanks for the tutorial on how to put it together!!! These dies DO have a lot of pieces, but they can turn out sooooo cute, as yours did here!!! Great job!!!!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Good Morning Miriam, such a darling card, not much of an owl fan, but now I am. Love the tutorial on putting this all together. Such a wonderful way to keep all those tiny pieces together. Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs!

Joyce said...

I love this card. So much so that I am hoping over to Cottage Cutzz and buying it. My all time most favorite card ever.

Unknown said...

Miriam, this is an adorable card! Thank you for the post it tip, that’s a great thing to know. Beautiful coloring!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

The owls card is just awesome and adorable !!