Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Holtz - Silly Monsters Day 3




I've made a bunch of Silly Monster cards with Tim Holtz's new dies.  
I'll post one a day over the next few days.  (It is day 3.)
I die cut the Silly Monsters from Stardream Metallic paper with Distress
Oxide Inks on them.  I find using a coated paper helps the ink move 
and react with water better than card stock and 
metallic paper adds a little shimmer!

This guy reminds me of MIKE from Monsters Inc. 
but he has 2 eyes instead of just 1!  I edged
him in a little Charcoal Chalk ink to make him 
stand out from the background.


Finished size is 4 1/4" square.

Have a great week!
  • Stamps: Tim Holtz - Crazy Talk, Slate & Stone CSM 299
  • Dies: Tim Holtz - Silly Monsters, Impression Obsession - Scribbles Circles, Lawn Fawn - Stitched Squares & Rectangles, MFT - Wonky Squares
  • Ink: Distress Oxides, Versafine Onyx Black, Cat's Eye - Chalk Ink Charcoal
  • Paper: Stardream Metallic - Hera 12x12, Neenah Solar White, Bazzill Licorice Twist, The Paper Cut - Brick
  • Other: Gelly Roll Glaze Pen - Black, Glossy Accents

3 comments:

Winnie said...

This is the cutest little monster. His expression reminds me of me.🙂

Karen Amidon said...

Love him!

Unknown said...

This one really hit me in the funny bone! Great card!