We are back with the 2nd Window Challenge for the Serendipity Stamps Blog Challenge! The Design Team has added an accordion card as part of the challenge this week but you only need to make a window card to play along.
My card has 3 panels and I cut windows in the first and third panels. I backed them with ocean scenes. As I made this card I kept thinking, "it's too plain!". As I thought about what to add or how to improve it I realized sometimes plain is good. Anything I added looked wrong.
So, plain it will stay!
I did a little trick with the "Hi" on the front. I used the Hope word die and cut off most of the "o" and the p and e. You can make other words with the word dies by cutting the letters apart. Just give it a try! I used some adhesive cork cut with a deckle scissor for the land/sand.
LOVE the texture it gives a card.
For the clouds I just dipped my finger in craft acrylic paint and dabbed it on. I think they look light and fluffy! The birds were inked with Stormy Sky Distress ink to make them more interesting and I used the card base paper to die cut them.
Finished size is 12 x 4.
This week’s sale at Serendipity is the ever popular 40% off coupon. The code is “40fromhigh614”. The coupon is good through June 24. The 40% is off the highest priced item in your cart.
The current special of a free cling stamp with each die will continue while supplies last.
Check out what the rest of the Design Team created:
- Stamps and Dies: Serendipity Stamps - Lighthouse Die 031ED, Peace, Hope, Punctuation Dies 030HD, And the Song 087D
- Other Dies: Impression Obsession - Sea Birds
- Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink - Stormy Sky
- Paper: Bazzill White, black, grey & yellow card stock
- Other: Mini Perfect Layers, white acrylic paint, Karen Foster Cork Sheet, deckle scissors