One of my favorite stamping techniques is paper piecing and that is the challenge this week at Serendipity! It is a very simple technique and fun if you like fussy cutting. Just stamp your image on paper or a die cut then stamp it again on patterned paper. Cut out images from the patterned paper and glue them over the first stamped image.
Fall is finally in the air here in Atlanta after having a week in the 80's! So, I went with a fall theme using this cute Sunflower Rake stamp. I stamped it again on red, orange and yellow paper and cut out the bow, flowers and a leaf. The rest I colored with Copics. The finished size is 4 5/8 square.
Check out what the rest of the Design Team created:
Play along in our challenge at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog for a chance to win a prize! The sale for the next week is buy 3 and get the 4th free! Offer good until Oct. 16.
- Stamps: Serendipity Stamps - Sunflower Rake 1248G
- Ink: Memento - Espresso Truffle, Distress - Tea Dye
- Paper: Bazzill - Candy Bar & Ivy Green, Bo Bunny - Autumn Song, Graphic 45 - Steampunk Spells 6x6
- Spellbinders Dies: Captivating Squares, Classic Squares
- Copics: E43, YG93, G34
- Other: Perfect Layers, SU! ribbon, Tim Holtz - Ink Blending Tool