The Color Throwdown challenge is pastel colors this week (shown below). While I'm not a big fan of pastels I managed to make the colors work in this card to my liking. The pink paper is the only really pale color. I didn't want to mat everything in black so I just ran a black catseye inkpad around the edges of the papers. This helps each layer stand out a bit. I wanted a very small black border for the card base so I made the card 5 3/8 square.
This card was inspired by a card made by Danielle Kennedy shown HERE.
- Stamps: Flourishes - Gerbera Daisies, Berry Sweet (sentiment)
- Ink: Stampin' UP! Craft Basic Black, Colorbox Catseye Pigment - Lava
- Paper: Neenah Solar White, SU! Peach Parfait, Baja Breeze & DSP, Fancy Pants - Love 6x6, Echo Park - For the Record 6x6
- Spellbinders - Classic Circles & Ovals, Small Scalloped Circles, Lacy Ovals & Circles
- Other: Copic Markers, misc buttons, Black DMC thread, clear embossing powder