As soon as I saw the new Flourishes Hydrangea set I knew I had to have it!! The blooms look so real especially compared to other stamps out there. Here I combined it with the Flourishes seed packet stamp for an interesting focal point. But, you can't buy seeds for hydrangeas! If you could I'd go into business growing hydrangeas.
I colored the blooms with my Copic Markers using the tip-to-tip technique. This works especially well when you are using colors from 2 different color families (V, B and BV in this case). It makes for easier color blending. Most hydrangeas are multi-colored so you will see me doing this a lot.
My colors work nicely with this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.
The colors are:
- Stamps: Flourishes - Hydrangea, Seeds of Friendship
- Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
- Paper: Neenah Solar White, Memory Box - Viola 6x6, SU! Cardstock - Close to Cocoa, Brocade Blue
- Copics: E70, E71, G40, G43, G46, B0000, B21, B45, BV02, V12, V15
- Other: Perfect Layers, SU! ribbons, blue button, bakers twine
My only Nigra hydrangea bloom this year! In the past it bloomed so well but not this year. It is much more purple this year than blue probably because the past few years I've been adding lime to my soil throughout the whole garden. Nice for a change!