Friday, May 18, 2012

Graphic 45 - Random Craft of Kindness

Graphic 45 is in my TOP 3 favorite paper companies!  If I don't feel like stamping but want to make something with paper, I reach for my G45 paper.  Recently I posted the card above on Graphic 45's NING site for display. (It is a gallery/sharing site for all things G45.)  To my surprise it was chosen for their May Random Craft of Kindness prize!  The announcement came out yesterday in their newsletter (not their blog) which you can subscribe to via Facebook.  Here is the link for the May newsletter:

The card was made with G45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe 8x8 paper.  The only stamping is the sentiment.  Instead of limiting myself with an A2 sized card, I started from the inside out with my layering.  The card opens tent style and is 5.5 x 4.5.  I cut around the wings with a craft knife and popped them then added a little glitter for shine.  The sentiment is stamped on a Labels 4 diecut, cut in half.
Here is another little card made with the same paper.  I used Spellbinder's Blossom die set to make the base and all the layers.  The tag is cut with a Flourishes die and the sentiment is Flourishes as well.  It measures 3.75 across.  Have a wonderful weekend!
  • Stamps: A Muse Artstamps - Journey;  Flourishes - Bloom
  • Ink: Versafine - Onxy Black, Cat's Eye - Lava Black (for edges)
  • Paper: Graphic 45 - Olde Curiosity Shoppe 8x8, SU! Cajun Craze, Black & Garden Green
  • Other: Spellbinders - Blossom set, Labels 4, Flourishes Tag die, brads, Perfect Layers, glitter glue

1 comment:

Jeanne J. said...

Congrats on your win Miriam - shouldn't be a surprise - your work is always beautiful! So nice to have the right thing happen at the right time! I bet they know you'll make another masterpiece!