The Color Throwdown has a great group of colors in this week's challenge! They are Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo and Always Artichoke. It was easy to put this card together with those colors. And, they happen to match my rhododendrons (shown below)!
I paper pieced the blooms with 2 different patterned papers. Added a little color with Copics for some dimension. I popped the large right bloom.
Finished size is 6 x 6.25.
- Stamps: Stampendous - Jumbo Hollyhock, Flourishes - Magnolias (sentiment)
- Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Versafine - Onyx Black
- Paper: Basic Grey - Konnichiwa 6x6 & Basics 12x12, MME Love Me 6x6, SU! Melon Mambo & Always Artichoke
- Spellbinders: Grand Circles, Grand Large Scalloped Circles, Labels 25
- Copics: RV32, RV34, G82, G85, G94
In 2003 I planted 5 Anna Rose Whitney Rhododendrons in my garden. Four died and one thrived except for its blooming. Each year I'd get 2 or 3 blooms MAYBE. For some reason this year it looks fabulous! Maybe it was our warm winter...