I'm a little behind the 8 ball on this (due to computer issues) but......I've been making tags inspired by Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas and on Dec 1 he posted this one:
I wasn't too crazy about all that silver glitter on the NOEL so I picked some letters from his Grungeboard Letter pack and just silver embossed them. Initially I didn't like how the EP bubbled up but on the finished tag, I kinda like it.
I made my own pinecones since I didn't have the die. I took a spiral flower die and cut it out with brown cardstock then used my deckle scissors on the edges before winding it up like in Tim's video. I actually pulled out my $1.99 glue gun!
Believe it or not the TAG was the hardest part of this whole thing! I used the wrong color TWICE and they didn't turn out at all! Still, the third try is still the wrong color but I just went with it.
I made my own baubles and banner since I didn't have the real thing.
So, you can make a similar tag with only a few of Tim's products!! I'll try to list all the products but forgive me if I miss a few.
- Stamps: NONE!
- Ink: Versamark, Distress Inks: Frayed Burlap, Iced Spruce
- Paper: Tim Holtz Co'ordinations Color Core Distress Colors & Paper Stash Seasons
- Wet Stuff: Ranger - Snow Cap Dabber, Rock Candy Distress Stickles
- Other: glitter, Silver & White EP, silver metal snowflake, pearls and crystals, jump ring, wire, seam binding, Sizzix Embossing Folder, glue gun, toothpicks, Grungeboard letters
- Die: Tim Holtz - Sizzix Festive Greenery, My Favorite Things - Rolled Rose die