Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Serendipity Stamps - AUGUST Blog Hop #1





Welcome to the first HOP this month for Serendipity Stamps!
You should have arrived here from Marybeth Lopez's blog.

I used Serendipity's CREATE die on my card.
I also used Alexandra Renke's Artist paper.



I started out cutting the paper to show the images 
I wanted from the 12x12 paper. Then I taped down and 
die cut the stitched rectangles.  I matted each in grey then 
attached them to my card with foam tape.
The CREATE die was cut 3 times in grey and glued together.


Inside I finished it off with some Renke washi tape.  
Finished size is 4" x 6 1/2"


The HOP Prize is a $20 Serendipity Stamps 
Gift Certificate to a random commenter.
You can leave comments from today through Sunday
 and Mary will announce the winner on August 6.

Here is the list of Design Team members participating in the HOP:


Next up is Vickie Zimmer's blog here.


Serendipity's Stamp of the Month is 
Acorns and Sweetgum 
and the Die of the Month is the Sympathy die.   

Both are 50% off


929acornsandsweetgum  074sympathy


  • Serendipity Stamps & dies: CREATE die 050CD
  • Other dies: My Favorite Things - Inside & Out Stitched Rectangles
  • Paper: Alexandra Renke - 12x12 Artist, Bazzill Heavyweight Grey

  • 15 comments:

    Michele K. Henderson said...

    This is terrific! I've never seen anything quite like this before, and you made it look beautiful!

    Colorado Crafter said...

    Your card is so gorgeous!!! I've always loved this kind of layered card (can't think right now what we used to call it! :)) You have just made me think about all of my patterned paper in a new way. I have quite a stash of patterned paper and you have just helped me see another way to use some of it to make beautiful cards. Thank you so much!!!!!

    craftymom205 said...

    Cool card.

    Mary Dew Lee said...

    You're use of designer paper never ceases to amaze me! And the Create die was the perfect addition - what a fun card to make and to send and to receive!

    cghundley said...

    Looks fabulous and
    great layering!
    Carla from Utah

    Glennis F said...

    A fabulous card - so pretty!

    susan viley said...

    A beautiful and unique card. And it looks so complicated.

    McStamper said...

    What a fabulous card. Love your creative design and coloring.

    Denise Bryant said...

    Beautiful card! Love the layering!

    Donna W said...

    Fantastic layering! Great card! Thanks for sharing.

    Sue D said...

    Fabulous and so artistic. Love the layers.

    Kris B said...

    Wonderful card! Love the layers!

    Mary Holshouser said...

    Love to make cards with this
    layering technique. Fantastic
    card. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    Geri S said...

    Love this card!

    Pat said...

    What a cleveridea Miriam and the layers look fabulous, and I love the washi tape inside too. x