Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Serendipity Stamps - April Blog Hop #1



Welcome to the first HOP this month for Serendipity Stamps!
You should have arrived here from Marybeth Lopez's blog.
I used some new BABY stamps for my card and tag and the 
great curved CONGRATULATIONS die!



I die cut a circle and glued the congrats die to it and
placed it under the orange layer of my card.


Inside my card is the cute sentiment from the Oh Baby! set.


The HOP Prize is a $20 Serendipity Stamps 
Gift Certificate to a random commenter.
You can leave comments from today through Sunday
 and Mary will announce the winner on April 9.

Sabrina Friel is our Guest Designer this month!

Here is the list of Design Team members participating in the HOP:

Mary's Blog
Sabrina Friel (April guest)

Next up is Vickie Zimmer's blog here.

  • Serendipity Stamps:  Oh Baby! 1427CSS, Congratulations die 049GD
  • Paper: Neenah SolarWhite 110lb, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Spring 6x6, Bazzill Carrot Cake
  • Dies: MFT - A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX, Stitched Circle STAX, Circle STAX, Lawn Fawn - Stitched Round tag die
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Picked Raspberry, Versafine - Onyx Black

23 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty, Miriam! Love the colors & paper piecing. The circle topper & round tag are so cute.

Sabrina said...

Super paper-piecing! I've always loved the Serendipity word dies (probably the first ones I bought), but I hadn't spotted this one. The arched card is so striking.

Mary Dew Lee said...

What a fun set with your card and tag! Soooo clever with the plaid dress paper piecing! I love that Congratulations with it's bold statement and elegant curve!

Colorado Crafter said...

Great card and tag!!! I love the name of your blog! :) And I see that you are in Georgia. I used to live in north Georgia and really loved it there.

Pat said...

This image is adorable, and what a great idea to use the same paper from the background for the dress and the sweet little heart. The curved top to the card is lovely with the curved sentiment over the top, and gives such an interesting look to the card. x

Glennis F said...

Your paper piecing is perfect on your baby card, well done!

Christine Alexander said...

such a sweet image and so perfect that you paper pieced it. I love your sentiment over the curve :)

Pat Gasko said...

What a great card and I would never have thought of using plaid it's terrific.
The Congratulations is in a perfect spot. Cute tag.

Unknown said...

Just lovely!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love how you added the paper into
several elements of the project.
Great card and tag.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That’s a fantastic creation !
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Bonnie said...

What wonderful paper piecing, Mariam! And the shaped card is amazing!

cghundley said...

Love the unique shape
of your card. The stamp
image is darling.
Carla from Utah

Sue D said...

So sweet. I like the plaid and paper piecing.

Sheri said...

Awww so sweet!

sansuey said...

I love the colors and that thick, orange, arched Congratulations! Outstanding!

Gayle said...

Precious and love the elements from the paper piecing to the shaped card and the curved word die cut.

tonilea said...

This is such a sweet baby card. The image is beautiful and I love the paper piecing. I like doing paper piecing too and some images just go so well with it.

PJ said...

The pink plaid just says it all! Perfect card for a tiny newcomer!

McStamper said...

What a wonderful card and tag. Love your paper piecing.

Kathy said...

The curved Congratulations grabbed my attention immediately. Being a new grandma of less than a month I love the image and sentiment and agree with the others that it suits the paper piecing.

Tami said...

Wow super pretty plaid!!

Sarah Ashley Posch said...

What a cute and fun idea!