Friday, January 1, 2016

Altenew Peony


Happy New Year!
A few weeks ago I made a few cards with Altenew's new stamp set, Beautiful Day.  I was inspired by cards made by their design team.
I just love peonies and pink ones especially but most of the cards I've made with Altenew's flower sets I've used pink ink.  So, I went with orange this time.


Inside I stamped the largest layer with the solid flower around the edges.
This card is on display at Impressive Ideas in Norcross, Georgia.


 For my second card I simply stamps the outline layer in black
on watercolor paper.  I used ZIG Clean Color markers to color
the image along with Tim Holtz's water brush.

Here's hoping you have a happy 2016 and find time to create!

  • Stamps: Altenew - Beautiful Day, Label Love
  • Paper: Neenah - Solar White 110b, Bazzill Heavyweight Gumdrop, Ranger Watercolor Paper
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black, My Favorite Things Hybrid - Coral Crush, Orange Fizz, Tangy Orange, Gumdrop, Sour Apple
  • Other: Mini Perfect Layers, MISTI tool, MFT - Stitched Squares dies, ZIG Clean Color markers

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love the orange. Gorgeous card! I see an Altenew Stamp demo in your future! Happy New Year.

Karen Amidon said...

Stunning! Looking forward to your demo.