Thursday, April 10, 2014

CTD 287 Easter Card


I needed to make some Easter cards and wanted to use my IO Bunny, Cloud and Grass dies to make a scene.  The Color Throwdown had the perfect Easter colors for their challenge this week so I decided to play along.


I needed a frame for my scene so rather than just cutting an open square, I used Spellbinders Captivating Squares die.



For the details, I used some tiny brown pearls for the eyes, a tiny leaf punch for the eggs and a Sizzix embossing folder to give texture to the clouds.  Finished size is 4 1/4 square.  
Here are the colors for the challenge:

 


  • Stamps: SU! Happy Easter
  • Ink: Cat's Eye - Creamy Brown, Versafine - Vintage Sepia
  • Paper: SU! Barely Banana, Soft Sky, Pistachio Pudding, Neenah Solar White, PTI Kraft
  • Impression Obsession Dies: Bunny Set, Grass Border, Clouds
  • Other: Spellbinders - Captivating Squares, pearls, leaf punch, VIVA Glass Effect Gel - Crystal Clear, oval punch, Sizzix embossing folder, Corner Chomper

3 comments:

Jo said...

Your card is so sweet Miriam!

Lori said...

This is just too sweet! Love the springtime scene you created. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

Miriam, this card is awesome! Pure perfection! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown.