Thursday, June 20, 2013

USA Mini Blueprints 2 - CTD

The 4th of July is just right around the corner!  I just had to pull out my Tim Holtz Mini Blueprints 2 stamp set and make some patriotic cards.  These mini images are perfect for smaller cards or background stamping.  

This week's Color Throwdown #247 fits in with my holiday theme. See the colors below. Check them out and play along!

For the background of the USA card I glued the paper squares on a piece of white paper matted with blue.  Then, I ran it through my Vagabond with a Sizzix Star embossing folder.  Since the paper was 3 layers I got really deep embossing.  I ran a sponge with blue ink over the stars to make them pop!

For the Lady Liberty card background I used Fired Brick ink and clear embossing powder. Then, I sponged Chipped Sapphire ink over it.  The other half of the tag background is inside the card.

These cards use the other 2 stamps.  You can make the stars pop by cutting them out, scoring them on the lines and creasing the scored lines slightly.  Use pop dots or silicone to support and adhere them.

  • Stamps: Tim Holtz - Mini Blueprints 2, Simple Sayings
  • Ink:  Distress - Fired Brick, Chipped Sapphire, SU! Craft White, Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Paper: PTI- Kraft, Authentique - Original 6x6, Neenah Classic Crest - Solar White, Bazzil red card stock, Ranger Craft Tag #8 manila
  • Other: ribbon, embossing folders, metal accents, twine, red star brad, foam tape, clear embossing powder

1 comment:

Broni said...

Wow, Miriam! These cards are awesome! I LOVE how you used the blueprint stamps, and scoring and popping up the stars is such a great added extra!