This week's challenge at Serendipity Stamps is to use a bird on your project! I chose the beautiful and realistic hummingbird. I used Ranger's Distress Markers directly on the stamps. After I stamped the images I used a waterbrush to blend the colors. I used darker colors around the edges of the hummingbird.
After using Labels 25 to cut out my background, I airbrushed it with Copic blues. Cheery Lynn Designs makes some great vine dies and I used 2 of them on the background. This was a really FUN card to make!
Finished card measures 6 3/8 x 4 1/4.
- Stamp: Serendipity Stamps: Hummingbird 045K
- Ink: Distress Markers: Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Dried Marigold, Pine Needles, Black Soot
- Paper: Neenah Bright White, SU! Whisper White & Wild Wasabi, Basic Grey - Konnichiwa 6x6
- Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 25, Petite Ovals, Cheery Lynn Designs - Fanciful Flourish, Tropical Flourish
- Other: pearls, black rhinestone, waterbrush, ABS, Copics, Perfect Layers, white ribbon
There is a great special going on at Serendipity right now!
Buy 3 Items, get a 4th one free! Offer ends on April 9th.
Check out what the rest of the design team made: