Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Repeat Impressions - Sketch Challenge Mar 7

It's time for another Repeat Impressions Sketch Challenge!  For this challenge I used the Beauty of Springtime sentiment stamp to go with my Authentique paper and flowers.  

After stamping it in purple ink, I cut it out with a die and while still in the die, I used a purple pen to do the interior outline.  Then, I used a marker to color in the border.  I layered it with foam tape on another matching die cut. 
For the flowers, I glued on the large white flower first then the pink flowers.  To make the coils I used the green wire I cut off the flowers. I wrapped it around my paper piercer and glued them inbetween the blooms.  The pearls were the finishing touch.  Finished size is 5 x 6.25.

You can find the details for this challenge on The House that Stamps Built.  You can also see the design team's sketch cards there.  A $25 gift certificate for Repeat Impressions merchandise is up for grabs, so be sure to play along! 
  • Stamps:  Repeat Impressions - Beauty of Springtime 1304-J
  • Ink: Versafine - Imperial Purple
  • Paper: SU! Natural White & Taken with Teal, Authentique - Splendid 6x6
  • Other:  Copic - RV66, Spellbinders Labels 18, pearls, Prima & Recollection flowers, small ash leaf punch, Perfect Layers

3 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Miriam this is beautiful simply beautiful love everything about it
Jacki xx

joy said...

Wow, beautiful. Love the soft sweet colors and how you have made the layout gorgeous!

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh, Miriam - your floral arrangement is fabulous! The whole card is wonderful. What a great way to do the border around the sentiment.