Saturday, January 1, 2011

Chair-ish your Friendship

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I made this card from a kit that one of my Krafty Kats stampers put together. KK is a group of stampers I belong to that meets monthly to eat, stamp and share our work.  We used to take turns putting together a monthly kit that we would make anything we wanted with it.  After several years of doing it, we decided to take a break from the kits.  One of my favorite techniques is paper-piecing and this card is a good example of it.  Just stamp your chair on your card and patterned paper, cut out and glue it down!  Finished size is 4 5/8 x 4 5/8.

My light tent has arrived so you will soon see better photos of my work.  AND.....BLOG CANDY is coming soon as well so be sure to subscribe to my postings so you'll be notified!
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink: On My Couch, On My Couch Additions (rug)
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Sahara Sand (for the rug)
  • Paper: DSP Heidi Grace Designs, Black, Green
  • Other: misc buttons, popdots, black floss, Perfect Layers

4 comments:

Marian said...

You have such a great eye for papers, colors, patterns, etc. I envy your talent and am very glad to have you for a teacher!!!
:o) Marian

Jenny Gropp said...

I agree with Marian's comment.... great job on this one pulling those papers and mixing patterns! Always a challenge for me... as you know and you excel at it!

smhoffmann said...

LOVE IT...LOVE IT...LOVE IT
Well then I love all of your cards so that is nothing new. I agree with Marian so lucky to have you as our teacher, guru, paper Queen and on and on.

gina Kirkorian Ingham said...

Yeah, you are the paper queen girl. But it's all in yore composition and placement of everything. You have a great eye. I like the cute comment too!