Thursday, April 4, 2013

French Country Duo

 Recently I applied for the Graphic 45 2013 Design Team and did not make it to the 30 finalists.  On the bright side, I'll have more time to create what I want!  I thought I'd show you two cards I made with their French Country paper.
 The center rooster piece is a chipboard tag.  I didn't have a red ribbon to match so I colored a piece of twill with a Copic marker (E08).  I used the 6x6 paper for all the layers.  The scale of the paper is just right for cards.
 On the inside I stamped some images from the matching stamp sets.  I just love the scroll image!

 Next up is a card with a sunflower image as the focal point.  I cased myself on a Birdsong card I made months ago.  It was harder to get the right color balance with this paper.  The tag is chipboard with some ribbon and black twine tied through the hole.
Again I stamped the inside, being a stamper at heart.  These cards are on display at Impressive Ideas in Roswell, Georgia.
  • Stamps: Hampton Arts - Graphic 45 French Country sets 1, 2 & 3
  • Ink: Color Box - Blackbird & Chestnut Roan, Versafine -Crimson Red, Vintage Sepia & Onyx Black, Distress Ink - Old Paper & Peeled Paint
  • Paper: Graphic 45 - French Country - 12 x 12, 8 x 8 and 6 x 6, card stock in red, cream and black
  • Other: G45 French Country - Chipboard Tags, Spellbinders french border, Perfect Layers, misc ribbons, Copic E08

2 comments:

Pauline said...

These are both beautiful Miriam, and I can only say its their loss!

Mickie said...

I so love the French Country and your cards are fabulous. Sorry you didn't make it but hey, maybe next time around. Your work is certainly worthy.