Friday, December 8, 2017

My Favorite Things - Cross Stitch Holiday Card


Lately I've been into cross stitching using both Paper Smooches 
and My Favorite Things cross stitched dies.  This one is 
Paper Smooches which is bigger than MFT's.


I used Distress Oxide Inks to do the trees and sentiment.


Inside I did the sentiment in the ombre style by stamping the 
whole word in the lighter color then stamping the 
lower half with the darker ink.  A very cool effect!

I hope you are having a festive December!

Finished size is A-2.
  • MFT: Handwritten Holidays stamps, tree die, Stitched Rectangles
  • Paper Smooches: Cross Stitch Die
  • Distress Oxide Inks: Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, Candied Apple, Fired Brick
  • Paper: Neenah - Solar White 110lb, Cherry Splash Bazzill, Bristol Smooth for trees


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that’s really cool!

lynn said...

That is ambitious,,, I like the replication of the trees...thx!

Pat Gasko said...

I love the cross stitched background. I've recently started doing the cross stitched cards I love doing them and it takes very little time while watching TV.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is such a fantastic card !